In order to keep your heating and air conditioning systems in top shape, here’s a list of the best ways to go about performing maintenance: http://air-conditioning-calgary.ca/
– Always be on time with your air filter changes. In order to stay on track, begin checking the air filter on a monthly basis and implementing a cleaning regimen or a replacement every three months. By doing this, you prevent overly high cooling and heating costs by facilitating the job of your air systems. This makes it a quick and easy way to save money on energy.
– While many people are not entirely sure what their outdoor unit does, its maintenance should never be neglected. Check on it with frequency, and make sure to keep it clear of debris like garbage, dust, dirt, and plant matter which can build up on and near it over time. You can use either a hose or broom with soft bristles to gently remove dirt and debris from the fins and condensing unit. These contaminants can restrict airflow, which makes your heating and air conditioning units less effective and efficient overall.
– Make sure that the vents used for supply and return are never blocked. Make a circuit around your home to ensure that these important vents are not impeded by dirt, dust, and pet hair, or even larger objects like furniture and carpets. Anything that blocks supply and return vents forces the heating and cooling units to consume more electricity.
– The best way to make sure that you get all of these maintenance chores done in a timely fashion is to establish a schedule. Even consider keeping a calendar specifically dedicated to scheduling heating and cooling system related tasks. While this may seem like an overly involved measure, it has a real capability to save both time and money in the long run.
Even with proper home care, it is vital that you schedule a maintenance session with a professional once a year. The best times to get professional heating and cooling service done is in spring or fall, before any significant demands are placed upon the heating or air conditioning units. Professionals are able to address the following issues, which may otherwise escalate and cost a great deal of money to fix.
– Calibrating the Levels of Refrigerant – The lifespan, efficiency, and efficacy of your system is heavily dependent on your refrigerant levels. Too much or too little refrigerant can affect all three of these traits.
– Ductwork Leaks – The duct system involves hoses, which can suffer from leaks, poor connections, and holes. This hampers the effectiveness of heating and cooling.
– Proper Thermostat Function – a properly functioning thermostat makes all the difference in terms of quality of life.
– System Diagnosis and Maintenance – Specialists can carefully run diagnostics procedures to catch any other problems, and fix them. This requires significant expertise.